Sunday, December 20, 2009

In Which I Fret Just A Little

My parents are enroute now to Cheyenne
From Saratoga, while my sister, Kris,
Is coming from New Mexico; the plan
Is that they will converge, if naught's amiss,
At my house, like the Simpson family
At credits' end. Meanwhile they're all in cars,
And I try not to worry. It will be
Just fine, I tell myself. I'll thank my stars
Quite soon that they all made it, hug them, and
Dish up some Bambi chili for their meal.
It's weird how ev'ry year, whate'er we've planned
This is the situation and I feel
The psychic strain of keeping on the road
Carloads of far-off loved ones, then explode.

2 comments:

  1. don't worry, be happy!
    have a wonderful time with the fam.... love you guys!
    Merry Christmas!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erin. We love you, too!

    (Everybody's at the KATE STATION, safe & sound)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers