Friday, December 4, 2009

In Which I Get Excited Over A Tournament Draw

No sports fan am I, save for this one round
Of football games that make of me a nut:
The FIFA World Cup. No way I have found
Has ever kept me out of this one rut.
'Tis only ev'ry four years this occurs,
When I become a lunatic. Today
Preliminary groups were drawn, which spurs
My craziness. England v. USA?
The Germans and the Aussies? Oh my head
Already spins. Brazil and Portugal
Are in a group together, "of the dead"
And though Croatia won't be at the ball
I still feel now the ghost of my old craze.
One hundred eighty seven more short days!

1 comment:

  1. Every four years we actually have something in common besides genetics...being a sports fan! I guess I gotta learn more about soccer!

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers