Tuesday, December 15, 2009

In Which I Realize Anew That Oragami Is Not For Me

My sister will be here in two days' time,
Which means 'tis nearly Christmas and I must
Get wrapping all this loot. My gift is rhyme,
And maybe taste in presents, but I just
Can't seem to make this paper do my will.
A mere three scraps of tape is all one needs,
Allegedly, to seal them, but my skill
Makes that a joke - it's four at least. My deeds
With giftwrap would put Lovecraft, lo, to shame:
Geometries unseen emerge with each,
E'en if the box is quite Platonic. Lame?
Too tame a word for what I've within reach:
These packages are better termed as blobs.
At least provoking laughter if not sobs.

1 comment:

  1. That goes double for me, darling. Must be genetic. YODPM

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers