Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
The Grokulator's armed! Nobody knew;
It's queen would really rather flee than fight.
But she's not its first owner; it's been through
A series of possessors. Now its bright
And puissant weapons target themselves on
The unknown planet. Pepi barks out "FIRE!"
And twists Yectara's arm some more. The dawn
The denizens just saw's their last; the ire
Of this, their erstwhile captive now destroys
Not just a city but the planet! BOOM!
Such weapons as Yectara's ship employs
Indeed can spell out anybody's doom.
And she's left wond'ring just what she has brought
Aboard her ship. He's not the man she thought...
Friday, August 13, 2010
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer