Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
The chunks of Alderaan that near destroyed
A certain famous smuggling ship are not
Unlike what buffets Grokulator. Freud
Might ponder if that isn't where he got
This notion. He's an earth boy, after all,
Our Pepi. When he had the time to learn
Just what this little ship could do must gall
His lady love; indeed, we see her burn
With wounded curiosity. She takes
Her arm from out the weapons socket, eyes
The damage, then develops mighty shakes
Of rage or fear, we can't tell. The demise
Of an entire world is no small thing.
But Pepi shrugs. It's good to be the king.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer