Wednesday, June 9, 2010

BONUS SONNET: In Which I Am Cut Off From Twitter And Have The Blahs

Today I'd simply mope, or do some chores.
The lawn of weeds out back needs cutting; there's
Still laundry and some dishes. All this bores
Me e'en to list. I'm burdened by these cares
Alone in my big house, so might as well
Trade current blahs for future pleasures, if
I have the chance. And this is why I dwell
Today at ye old day gig, somewhat stiff
And grotty, trading my day off for one
In future months when I'll be somewhere new,
With people whom I've chosen to have fun
Alongside, whom I choose to be with. True,
There is no guarantee I'll live to see
Those days, but it's still worth a try. Ah, me.

1 comment:

  1. No guarantee you'll live!! True I guess but man them is some mighty big blahs!

    You'll live. 8)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers