Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In Which I Enjoy My Flash In The Poetry Pan

(Click to SONNETSIZE image)

I know that this is really just a fluke
Of Amazon and of my awesome friends
Who jumped today to go and buy my book
(It's there now, just like Smashwords). This portends
Not one thing for the future, but today
My sonnets were on this bestseller list!
My name was ranked with Whitman, Poe, hooray!
I feel as though the Sonnet Fairy kissed
My forehead. Thank you all. This gives to me
More motivation, now, to finish work
On getting out that print edition. Whee!
Next week just watch me go all-out berserk
To get it done. Now off to have a drink
With local friends. I've earned that, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Um, and wow. I come home from having that drink only to find that I've moved up to Number 6!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. w00t w00t! Congrats, Kate!!!! Flash in the pan or no, you deserve it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Travvy! This has been quite unexpected and fun 8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate--fabulous! But I want the print version! I like leaves and spines... keep us posted, PLEASE.
    So happy for you, and not at all surprised you're moving up the ranks. :D

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers