Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Sonnet For The Morning After

Do I regret my choices? Sometimes, sure.
This morning I think we would have been wise
To stop, adjourn our fellowship, endure
The pain of parting sooner. Realize:
Nobody held us hostage at the pub
Except ourselves. But good talk never ends
And we had sev'ral all at once, a club
With no agenda. We all know this tends
To make the dizzy hours disappear,
And so they did. Now here I sit, awake
And ready for some more, but how I fear
That maybe, just perhaps, I've chanced to break
My boon companions. My apologies,
My darlings! Can we start again though, please?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Used to be many a morning I woke wondering what cell I had been tossed into. I'm much kinder on my present-self. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers