Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
A mighty stench now greets Yectara's nose,
E'en through the mask that she, too, has to wear.
Across her party's path, in one of those
Unfortunate occurances, right there
The corpse lies rotting, of a massive beast
And of one of the red men, still upright
And rigid, limbs asplay. To Vuhl, at least
This makes much sense; he crows out his delight.
"See here," he says. "A mortal wound was dealt
And bravely he stood here and his display
Distracted then the monster, which beheld
It all quiescent, easy then to slay."
He's soon dismissed, though, as another's found
A trace of cord with which Pepi was bound.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer