Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
A tremulous voice now sounds from behind,
A loyal voice speaks out from love and fear,
"What's stopping us from going down to find
The tracks of those who took him, mistress, dear?"
Yectara spins around now to regard
The eldest of her crew, ancient and worn,
Her limbs ashine with grease meant to retard
The centuries of rust, the white hair shorn
As though with a dull breadknife. "Frelling hell!"
Exclaims Yectara. "At least someone thinks!
We've been aboard ship far too long. Ah, well,
That's why I keep a crew." The elder blinks,
Then sighs, a melting kiss her sweet reward
From her delighted queen, all faith restored.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer