Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sonnet Dare: In Which @iamhewhoisiam Demands A Hearteater

I've eaten hearts for lunch and dinner; game
Meat is a pleasure, healthy, tasty, fine,
(Far better than some other meals I'd name)
Pan-roasted, served with veggies and some wine.
But that's too literal, I'm sure, for what
Rich Leslie dared me write today, and so,
Though I am sure that he's expecting smut
(This is a fam'ly sonnet blog) I'll show
That my own heart, that metaphoric seat
Of tenderness, has felt the prick of forks
(Though I find no one's out to taste this meat;
I serve it to myself when Love disports
Himself with me and mine). And so, you see,
Nobody ever eats my heart but me.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, thank you! This definitely MUST go on the Hearteater blog, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty good, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers