Saturday, January 31, 2009

Rude Awakenings Won't Be This Rude Much Longer

Some morning's it's worthwhile to try and sleep,
E'en though the workday beckons 'crost the hours,
E'en though the melatonin's failed to keep
The sleeper down to recoup all her powers.
But she was wide awake at 1 A.M.,
Awakened by her border collie's moans,
From drinking of the kitchen's "rain" again,
Her need to go as subtle as her groans.
The predawn chill, the parking lot, the ice,
Th'insistent pulling toward the pooping grounds,
All act in concert to exact a price,
Along with all the gloomy predawn sounds,
To fill my head with wishes for a yard
And make my try at more sleep rather hard.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you understand that you are very talented. You have a gift. I want to see it fully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the sonnet that inspired this remark is the first one in which I referred to pooping. If that won't keep me humble, nothing will!

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers