Friday, January 2, 2009

For Gaara Worley, on Learning of his Birth

Fortunate boy, in choosing a good mother;
A father too, I think you did pick well.
They will treat you kindly, neither smother
Nor ignore you. Then someday I will tell
You stories, when you're older, of your folks
Before you came along into their lives.
Right now you can't appreciate the jokes,
But I'll record the best ones; they'll survive!
(Your parents, both abounding in good humor
Will, of course, indugle me with a wink)
Just remember: don't give credence to each rumor.
They're both of them much wiser than you think.
I'll tell you this right now: they'll never bore you.
And all of us are ready to adore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers