Monday, November 30, 2009

Meta Sonnet: In Which The Sonneteer Contemplates Birthdays

These sonnets aren't as easy as they look,
Especially the birthday greetings, which
For all they've seemed like others, gen'rally took
A lot more work. Pentameter's a bitch
No matter what, but there is something more
When writing to one person something that
We all are saying: "Person I adore,
I hope your birthday's really where it's at!"
But in a way that makes it all about
That special guy or gal and not just some
Bad formula or something I've spit out
Just for the sake of getting the thing done.
But when I learn I've made that someone smile
I know that it's been worth it all the while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers