I'm using chicken fresh from Colorado,
And made the broth myself in which it cooks.
But otherwise this soup, as you may know,
Is vastly more exotic than it looks.
This carrot's native soil I cannot guess;
The orzo's an Italian import, and,
The tumeric and ginger, I confess,
Grew far from any local piece of land.
There's lemon juice and scallions in here, too --
Vital, both, to this dish's special taste.
Cheyenne grows neither; our foodstuffs are few.
Southeast Wyoming's land is near a waste.
Good thing I have the resources I've got
To bring the world together in my pot.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer